Friday, July 23, 2010

Don't forget to join us on Saturday

This is your reminder of the gathering this Saturday (tomorrow), July 24th at 2:00 p.m. at the Rainbow kiosk directly in front of the Copacabana Palace Hotel in Rio de Janeiro.

Everyone reading this post or those at other blogs often intertwined among those interested in Rio/Brazil/expats are welcome. Bloggers, for sure. Readers who comment – c’mon down! And lurkers (you know who you are) feel free to come out of the shadows and join us.

The weather is supposed to be sunny and in the 80’s. What better than to go to the beach for an agua de coco bem gelada, frescinha, or for an only-in-Brazil-so-cold beer, or the signature Brazilian drink – a caipirinha? Or you could get a diet Coke – there are no rules!

The only sure thing is that we will be communicating mostly in English.

It would be great to see you. If I am unable to get my hands on a Mylar balloon to signify my presence – trust me, you will notice the larger-than-average Gringo dressed in a blue and white shirt and jeans shorts. Trust me.  = ;-)

[Thanks for the image Rachel - it is EXACTLY the kiosk we will be meeting at.]

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I was wondering if faithful readers were also welcome. Wish I could be there! Maybe by the time we move to Rio in a few months there will be another meet-up planned so I can meet y'all then. Would really enjoy it! Have a great time! Jean