Saturday, November 6, 2010

Things change

The change is slow, but it seems to be steady.  Sometimes it comes so slowly I hardly notice the difference.  And then something comes along that reminds me that it's not like it was when I was a teenager.  In fact, it's really different.

It would have been inconceivable, quite literally, to see anything on TV like the Glee clip below when I was just realizing I was an up and coming gay man.  Wow, that would have been something.

Thank goodness times have changed.  Watch this clip.



One other thing - my blog got a boost yesterday when my report about the first-ever Gay Pride parade in Rocinha got picked up by one of my favorite gay blogs Towleroad.  I noticed a weird spike in views and discovered it was coming from readers linking over from Towleroad.  Very cool.

2 comments:

The Reader said...

Wow. You're right, that would not have flown even 10 yrs ago. I remember, so vividly, the flack that Ellen took when she came out on her show (back when she had a sitcom and not her current talk show). To see we've progressed to that.....wow. Definitely a sign of forward progress, and I'm glad to see it. I hope it just keeps getting better.

Jim said...

Reader -- I can't get enough of that video. Some things strike a nerve. Thanks for feeling the love with me.